What you need to know
Manitoba has adopted a private retail model, and initially, only businesses selected by the Province of Manitoba could apply for a cannabis retail licence. However, on May 22nd, 2020, it was announced that the Manitoba Government will move forward with its plan for an open and competitive cannabis retail market. Effective June 1st, the province will open the application process to all prospective retailers, with a restriction of one location per application.
The Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority (LGCA
) is responsible for issuing cannabis retail store licenses and regulating the activities of licensed operators. The Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries Corporation (MBLL
) is responsible for the acquisition and distribution of wholesale cannabis throughout Manitoba.
Licensed retail stores in Manitoba are permitted to sell cannabis products online and through telephone sales.
Currently, there are only eight licensed non-medical cannabis retailers in Manitoba with a total of 30 stores:
Overview of Licensing Process
It is now a great time to break into the Manitoba cannabis retail market, and CannDelta is here to help!
How we can help:
- Meta Cannabis Supply Co.
- Tokyo Smoke
- Garden Variety
- Fire & Flower Cannabis Co
- Delta 9 Cannabis Store
- Cannabis 204
- The Corktown Cannabis Company
- LGCA Retail Cannabis Store Licence application
- Complete provincially tailored cannabis retail Standard Operating Procedures
- On-going provincial regulatory support
- Site-suitability evaluations
- Store layout and fixturing designs
- Store and wholesale physical security design services
- Operational compliance and process flow
- LGCA store inspection preparation
Click on your province below to see the most up-to-date legal requirements for cannabis retail store licenses in your region.
By this point you’re probably wondering “How much does it cost to open a dispensary in Manitoba?” Download our free e-book below for all the answers you’ve been looking for.