What you need to know
Saskatchewan has adopted a private retail model that is regulated by the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority (SLGA
). The SLGA is responsible for issuing cannabis retail permits and regulating the wholesale and retail of cannabis products by private operators.
After initially setting a cap of 51 stores
, the SLGA is progressively moving towards an open market system by removing the cap on the number of licenses available throughout the province.
As of April 2020, the SLGA is now accepting cannabis retail permit applications for communities with less than 2500 residents. In September 2020, all other communities will be allowed to submit applications for permits.
Operators of a licensed retail storefront (bricks-and-mortar store) can sell cannabis online for pick-up and delivery to customers within the province. They are also permitted to sell cannabis products at wholesale to other licensed retailers in Saskatchewan.
Overview of Licensing Process
Figure 1. Overview of Saskatchewan cannabis retail regulations.
It is a great time for new businesses and investors to break into the Saskatchewan cannabis retail market and CannDelta is here to help!
How we can help:
Reach out today for a free consultation on how to get started on your licensing application!
- SLGA Retail Cannabis Store Permit application
- SLGA Cannabis Wholesale Permit application
- Complete provincially tailored cannabis retail Standard Operating Procedures
- On-going provincial regulatory support
- Cannabis retail store and warehouse
- Site-suitability evaluations
- Store layout and fixturing designs
- Store and wholesale physical security design services
- Operational compliance and process flow
- SLGA store inspection preparation
Click on your province below to see the most up-to-date legal requirements for cannabis retail store licenses in your region.
By this point you’re probably wondering “How much does it cost to open a dispensary in Saskatchewan?” Download our free e-book here for all the answers you’ve been looking for.
Speak to a Consultant Now about Applying for a Cannabis Retail Licence and Get Started Today!