External Job Posting
Location: London, Ontario, Canda
Quality Assurance Person (QAP) at licenced facility located in London, Ontario, Canada. SummaryThe Quality Assurance Person (QAP) position would be responsible for establishing and maintaining the quality of cannabis processed by the facility and overseeing the processing of cannabis products, packaging, labelling, distribution, storage, sampling and testing of all cannabis products or materials as defined by Good Production Practices (GPP). The QAP is responsible for the overall quality of all cannabis produced at the facility, writing and approving Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), as well as managing and overseeing all quality assurance activities, including recall and investigating complaints. In addition, the QAP will supervise all quality functions and personnel related to quality activities and perform staff GPP training. We are looking for an individual to fulfill a key role in an exciting cannabis start-up opportunity who is motivated to grow into an operational leader within the company in a short time.
- Oversees both quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA) pertaining to business, production, facility, security, storage, packaging, labeling and Good Production Practices (GPP) for the Cannabis Regulations. Ensures and enforces good documentation practices on all applicable documents relating to GPP.
- Responsible to ensure GPP compliance and management of the Quality System, including but not limited to change controls, deviations, incidents, recalls, returns and customer complaints.
- Communicate and summarize compliance performance and results (e.g. highlight self-inspection issues, out of specification and/or out of trend results, etc.). Ensure compliance with regulations through auditing and quality systems.
- Support the self-inspection program, recommend follow up actions with emphasis on areas identified as non-compliant.
- Supports continuous quality improvement of finished products through reinforcement of product quality and food safety programs, sanitation program and oversight of security system.
- Ability to actively develop, update, approve, implement and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Quality Manuals.
- Oversee critical/technical review of Certificates of Analysis (CofAs), test results, procedures and production equipment, including equipment qualification and validation and vendor qualification.
- Investigate product non-conformances; conduct material reviews for complaints, and document findings and responses. Manage product holds, reprocessing actions and final disposition processes for non-compliant resources.
- Review all Certificates of Analysis from contact laboratory and release/reject batches and lots accordingly. Document all conclusions and follow-up actions.
- Manage licence and signing authority applications with Health Canada. Manage audit and information requests from Health Canada pertaining to QA and QC in a timely manner, ensuring observations are addressed and closed within a reasonable timeframe.
- Responsible for training of site management, warehouse employees, customer service on SOPs and GPP related topics, and includes the planning, execution and maintenance of employee training records as well as testing to ensure training effectiveness.
- Minimum Science Diploma or Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in a technical discipline (food, chemical or biological sciences preferred).
- Previous experience in Quality Control and Quality Assurance in a GMP and/or HACCP-regulated environment, such as cannabis, food or pharma.
- Proficiency in quality assurance systems, documentation, testing methods. Supervisor or manager experience preferred.
- Strong and current knowledge of Good Production Practice, HACCP, Food Safety, regulatory and environmental guidelines.
- Experience establishing and maintaining version-controlled standards, policies, procedures and workflows. General understanding of other operations/functional areas.
- Proficient understanding of cannabis products and related test methodology.
- Federal cannabis security clearance granted is an asset.
- Proficient in English (proficient or functional in French is considered an asset).
- Preferably located in the London, Ontario area, or willing to relocate.
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Regular hours: Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm (~40 hrs/week), flexibility to work weekends or evening, if needed.
Salary: Competitive salary, based on experience.
Location: London, Ontario. Candidate is preferably located in London or is willing to relocate.
Work remotely: No