Internal Job Postings
Associate Consultant (Cannabis Regulatory Experience Required) – Toronto, Ontario (Downtown)
Graduate Degree required, Consulting experience preferred, Food/Alcohol/Pharmaceutical/Regulatory/Medical Cannabis experience an asset
Join the cannabis business consulting firm leading the way in regulatory and scientific compliance throughout North America.
Our mission is to lead businesses confidently into a growing industry. We work with a variety of clients across Canada and the globe – from large corporations, new start-ups, to educational institutions. We are a young but quickly growing company in an exciting new industry.
CannDelta provides a competitive salary with metric-based bonuses, full benefits package for all full-time employees (medical, dental, and vision), travel opportunities, the opportunity for advancement.
This is a contract position (with potential for permanent, full-time) for a client-facing role. An ideal candidate is an intelligent, hard-working, organized, and ambitious person with strong skills in technical document writing, public speaking, and a desire to learn and grow with the company.
Provide technical support to the Senior Consultants to assist with the management of a portfolio of client’s projects which can include: Cannabis Act applications, licenced dealer applications, gap analysis reports, slide presentations, technical writing, retail applications, and operational readiness for facility build-out.
Develop a strong knowledge of the regulations, the ongoing changes in the cannabis industry in Canada and globally in order to support the team.
Update clients on project work and manage a pipeline of prospective clients.
Under the supervision of the Senior Consultants, write technical documents including SOPs, aspects of the Quality Assurance Reports and Organizational Security Reports, developing Floor plans for new facilities and support documents for regulatory research projects.
• Graduate Degree in Science from a recognized Canadian University (Ph.D. preferred, M.Sc. required)
• Completion of a Technical Program in QA and/or Regulatory Affairs is an asset
Experience & Qualifications
• Experience working at a cannabis licensed producer in regulatory and quality capacities
• Entry level experience in Consulting, Pharmaceutical, Food, Alcohol or Cannabis industries
• Technical Document Writing experience is required
• Experience working in a GPP, GMP, GLP or quality lab is strongly preferred
• Project Management experience an asset
• Previous experience in a consulting firm an asset
• Previous experience with Health Canada facility audits is an asset
Skills & Knowledge
• Familiarity with Quality Assurance principles, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and working within a regulatory framework.
• Ability to interpret relevant regulations pertaining to cannabis (e.g. Cannabis Regulations, Food and Drug Regulations, etc.)
• Ability to create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) compliant with the Cannabis Act, Provincial and Municipal regulations
• Ability to research and provide summary reports in the regulatory field
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and set/meet deadlines
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Professional and confident disposition
• Ability to work independently without supervision and as part of a team
• Anticipates and meets client’s expectations and needs
Please send a personalized cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Video submissions are welcomed.
Though we thank all interested candidates, due to the volume of applicants, only those being considered may be contacted for an interview.