External Job Posting – Apply Here
This role will require being onsite in the facility in Cranbrook, BC. Relocation will be supported.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager (QAP), the Alternate Quality Assurance Person (A/QAP) is responsible for supporting the QAP and functioning as the Alternate QAP in the absence of the QAP. The A/QAP is primarily responsible for ensuring compliance with the Cannabis Act and Regulations and Good Production Practices (GPP).
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for overseeing edible and extract production quality management systems, including ongoing monitoring and implementation.
- Ensure cannabis products (dried flower, vape cartridges, and edibles) are produced, packaged, labeled, stored, sampled, and tested in accordance with Cannabis Regulations, GPP, and SOPs.
- Assist in the release and approval of cannabis intended for sale.
- Manage employee training and assist in the development of employee training materials. Provide ongoing guidance and training to staff on SOPs and regulatory compliance.
- Assist in creating and maintaining Preventive Control Plans (PCPs) for edible/extract production.
- Creation and review of cannabis product labels and provincial case labels.
- Oversee compliance with sanitation, equipment, and pest control programs.
- Ensure all required information for new cannabis product notifications is accurate and complied with.
- Development, revision, and implementation of SOPs and batch records.
- Responsible for third-party lab testing of cannabis products, raw materials, and environmental samples, as well as retention samples onsite.
- Assist in the review of final product testing and development of final product specifications.
- Manage vendor approval and raw material specification programs.
- Manage deviation/incident and Corrective and Preventative Action investigations and change control programs.
- Participate in Health Canada inspections.
- Maintain current knowledge of the Cannabis Act and Regulations.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent organizational skills.
- Self-starter. Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- MUST have a valid Health Canada Security Clearance.
- Bachelor of Science and/or technical diploma in biology, food science, or equivalent quality field.
- 2+ years of Quality Assurance experience within a regulated environment (food, cannabis, pharmaceutical). Experience in a food production environment is preferred.
- Experience with sales to provincial boards (OCS, BCLDB, AGLC) is an asset.
- Willingness to work various shifts, weekend and shift work may be required.